Terms of Service and Agreement
1. Fees due to TurfSite Web Services. for its Website and Email Hosting services will be the responsibility of the customer. Not withstanding that the customer disputes the same for any reason.
2. TurfSite Web Services will send the subscriber bills thru Electronic Mail for services at regular intervals. The subscriber may request, at any time, information of his outstanding balance through email@example.com or via SMS number +639053984499
3. Subscription fees and all other charges shall be payable on or with such period of time as stated in the billing statement(s) issued by TurfSite Web Services to the subscriber. Cash and/or cheque payment(s) shall be remitted to name Banks inclusive in the billing statement and must be made in favor of TurfSitePH. The Subscriber shall pay for his/her services charges and fees and any balance left thereafter to service fees and traffic charges on or before regular date (the Regular Due Date). TurfSite Web Services shall inform the Subscriber of his regular due date in the first bill, it shall be the responsibility of the Subscriber to know his/her outstanding balance and effect payment, without need of further demand, on or before the Regular Due Date.
3. The Subscriber must inform TurfSite Web Services in writing, of any changes in billing address.
4. TurfSite Web Services may suspend, redirect, and temporarily or permanently discontinue the service of any subscriber for failure to pay any amount due to TurfSite Web Services on or before Due Date. Such suspensions, redirection or disconnection shall be without prejudice to any action available to TurfSite Computing, Inc. under other portions of this Agreement or in law equity in order to recover all sums due and damages suffered by TurfSite Computing, Inc. for such non-payment.
5. TurfSite Web Services reserves the right to suspend/deactivate a server/website offline as soon as it is past due. Payment for the service is due on the first day of the billing cycle. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain as to what your billing cycle is. Once a server/website is delinquent and has been suspended/deactivated, there will be a PHP100 reactivation charge to unsuspend/activate the server/website online. Once a server/website has been suspended/deactivated for more than 7 days, TurfSite Web Services reserves the right to reuse the server/space for another customer. If, at this point, the customer wishes to be re-setup, they will be responsible for paying a Php500 reactivation fee and will not have any of their old data backed up.
6. The minimum sign-up period for all packages is one (1) year from the date of activation. This is subject to automatic renewal (with a minimum period of one (1) year) every year thereafter unless the account is terminated in writing at least 30 days before account due date. Requests received from 1st day to the 25th of the month, effectivity date of termination will be end of current month. Requests received from 26th until the end of the month, effectivity date of termination will be end of succeeding month.
In case of pre-termination, an administrative fee equivalent to the monthly fee for the balance of the 12 month period will be added in the last billing unless the reason for pre-termination is directly attributed to TurfSite Web Services.
In the event of termination, without prejudice to any other remedies available to TurfSite Web Services, the customer shall be liable for all fees up to the date of termination. The amounts payable by the customer upon termination shall be payable within thirty (30) days of the relevant date of termination.
For non-payment, TurfSite Web Services reserves the right to temporarily suspend the service to the customer with prior written notice.
Renewal of domains must be done at least 30 calendar days prior to its expiration date.
7. A set reconnection fee of Php500 shall be charged by TurfSite Web Services for disconnected account. Further, all outstanding amounts due from the customer shall all be demanded prior to reconnection. TurfSite Web Services shall effect reconnection one (1) to two (2) working day(s) upon settlement of subjects’ amounts.
8. The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) allows 48-hours period in which to resolve outages or service interruptions that the users’ reports without the grant of an interruption allowance. Rebates equivalent to total computed amount will be credited to subscriber starting 48 hours after each day that the facility remains unoperational. Credit will not be granted in cases where the interruption is directly attributable to equipment supplied or installed by the customers or other factors(s), which are beyond TurfSite Web Services’ fault or negligence.
9. For any upgrade/downgrade, a written notice from the customer shall be required. All requests will take effect on the 1st day of the succeeding month.
On downgrades, the first request is free. For succeeding downgrades, an administrative fee of PHP500 will be charge to the customer.
10. TurfSite Web Serivces does not cover the customer’s internet connection set up as well as related tasks concerning the said service. All equipments/Software necessary to make connection such as but not limited to routers, hubs, modems, telephone lines (including leased lines), computers, internal cablings, fees for Systems Interrogators/Solution Provider, etc. shall be for account of the customer.
The customer will also be responsible for the set-up or configuration and maintenance of its equipment for access to the internet.
TurfSite Web Services shall provide free of charge installation and configuration support of the customer’s email accounts related to the Email hosting service provided by TurfSite Web Services Installation of other applications will be the responsibility of the customer.
11. TurfSite Web Services shall not be liable when subscribers receive harassment in all forums thru the Internet, such as unsolicited/bulk mail, including “Junk Mail” or other advertising materials to individuals who did not specifically request such material or so called “E-mail Spam” and Malicious emails, chain letters, fraud bank, or pyramid schemes whether the recipient requested it or not and other events arising from the said materials are not the responsibility of TurfSite Computing, Inc..
12. The customer will be solely responsible for the web mail access and email accounts issued by TurfSite Web Services The customer should take all measures as may be necessary to protect the secrecy of the USER ID and/or password and shall not reveal the same to any person(s).
13. The customer hereby agrees to maintain confidential all information relevant to the provisioning of the Website Hosting and Email services, and not to disclose to anybody any provisions of the Terms and Conditions for the duration of the agreement. TurfSite Web Services reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any tie with our without prior notice including a change in the rates and other value-added services or special features.
14. It is the customers responsibility to keep their contact information up to date. And use a contact email address that is not associated on their domain name that is hosted with us, or email accounts hosted on their web server. It is always suggested that clients have emergency accounts with a yahoo or hotmail system. This will also ensure that when you submit a support ticket that you will be able to get a reply.
15. The customer is responsible for maintaining a backup copy of customer’s files elsewhere to ensure recovery in the event of loss or damage to customer’s files. At customer request TurfSite Web Services may make periodic backups of all files, but makes no guarantees of any kind, either expressed or implied, as to the integrity of these backups. Should the file loss be due to some error on the part of TurfSite Web Services, TurfSitePH will attempt to recover the files from their most recent archives at no cost to the customer. Should the file loss be due to some action of the customer, or due to vandalism brought on by the customer’s negligence of securing their account, TurfSite Computing, Inc. will attempt to recover the files from their most recent archives. Although we do create excellent backups of your data, please do not completely rely on us. There are unlikely situations where we could not be able to reproduce a backup after multiple system failures. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO STORE ALL OF YOUR DATA ON OUR SERVERS. Please store a copy of your critical data on a computer you are local to.
16. If any provision of this agreement is contrary to any applicable law or regulation, all other provisions of this agreement will, notwithstanding, continue in full force and effect.
17. This agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Philippine laws. In the event of a lawsuit, venue shall be exclusively be in the trial courts of the City of Makati. The inclusion of twenty percent (20%) of the amount due and collectibles as liquidated damages. 25% by way of attorney’s fees and the cost of the suit shall be imposed on the party at fault.
18. All notices provided for herein (other than routine communications concerning the services to be provided hereunder) must be in writing and shall be effective when receive by other party.
Notes: We DO NOT allow IRC activity of any kind on our network. This is to protect the rest of our network and clients. Torrent or “Bit Torrent” activity of any type or kind is strictly prohibited. We also do not tolerate phishing. Please be guided of the following in relation to Resource Usage:
User may not:
1. Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
2. Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
3. Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
4. Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
5. Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
6. Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
7. Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
8. Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
9. Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
10. When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include(“http://yourdomain. com/include.php”) use include(“include.php”)
11. To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
12. Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
13. Use of your webhosting account to any sort of illegal website, such as (but not limited to) pornography, illegal numbers game, gambling, etc.
These Terms of Service updated on Thu 19 Nov 2015.